My Top 5 V-Day Picks for Galentine's or Valentine's Day
February 14th is approaching soon and most women have made plans for this special day on January 2nd, shortly after, recovering from their New Year's Eve celebrating. As for men, they have not even thought about the day so, we can completely erase the idea they have planned or prepared for the day of cupid also known as, Valentine's Day. Men. I am here to give you a few of my favorite spots that would make any woman or man smile.
Let's dive right in…My Top 5 V-day Bar Choices:
1. Jeff Ruby's: An awesome upscale steakhouse located in downtown Louisville adjacent to the Galt. Fancy but fun place to go on a date. Awesome Louisville inspired art on the walls and a fine dining experience that isn't stuffy or too formal. Also has an awesome bar and sushi and raw bar. 2 of my favorite things! Although it is a steak house and has awesome steaks, my favorite thing there is the salmon.
2. Mesh: Haven't been here on a date yet, but have been with girlfriends. Great lighting, food is beyond delicious and a fun date night atmosphere! Intimate table settings and sharable entrees. A bit pricey but the dishes are every bit worth it. The lobster mac and cheese will make someone fall in love on your date night...maybe not with you, but they'll fall in love none the less.
3. Louvino: I love this place. I'd go here with anybody. Friends, date, enemies idc. The Duck fat fries with truffle aoli..if I am blessed with firstborn, I may consider making an offer (JOKING). There are many other delicious small plates and some are seasonal (but thank God those fries are forever). The wine flights are fun to try with a partner and compare, makes for good dinner convo. They also have a nice bar with many wines bourbon choices. It is an intimate table setting but it is small so it can be crowded so I wouldn't go to have an intimate conversation. But a great place for a date night.
4. Bravo Italian Grill: Across from Oxmoor Mall hidden in a corner, it is a fun casual Italian spot. If you are watching your coins, you can get an excellent meal made of reasonably priced, delicious bar bites, (usually $7 and under) and really good cheap cocktails during happy hour. Of course, there is a lovely dining area if you wanted a more traditional meal experience: My recommendation is the vegetarian lasagna.
5. Last but not least: Volare': This is a more upscale Italian restaurant on Frankfort Ave. (complete with reservations and valet parking). Of all the choices on this list, THIS is the most Valentine cliché, romantic evening, special date night spot. It also a ring worthy spot (if you want to take that plunge) or just a VERY good romantic date first impression spot. The food, wine, and the atmosphere is 5 star and the tables are spaced in a way where you can have an intimate dinner with your boo and snuggle as close as you want without other patrons losing their appetites. The duck is my favorite. They also have live piano music. They too have a bar (hey these things are important, you may need it to get through the night) with all kinds of expensive libations to keep your date on track. Side note: they DO have happy hour nights that are much less expensive at the bar with small plates and drink specials (both very good). So you can STILL impress her (or Him) by simply having a hipster's night out "bar hoping"